Leading Cosmetic Dental Implant Treatments at Smile More
At Smile More Dental Care, we offer a range of dental implant treatments at our London clinic. A dental implant has multiple benefits that can improve and enhance your oral health.
We can use a dental implant for a variety of reasons, which is why this treatment is incredibly popular with our patients.
When can dental implants be used?
These are some of the many ways that dental implants can be used:
- To replace missing teeth in order to help with chewing and eating
- To stop teeth adjacent to missing teeth from ‘falling’ into the gap
- It can prevent teeth opposite to missing teeth from over erupting down into the gap
- To prevent jaw bone from disappearing after a tooth is extracted
- To hold a full denture in place and stop is wobbling about
Dental implants have a wide range of uses that go far beyond replacing missing teeth. They are often the healthiest option as they prevent further problems from occurring. When a tooth has removed the bone surrounding it ‘falls’ into space this means that bone volume is lost and gum resorption occurs.
If this happens the bone around the adjacent teeth might also start to resorb leading to the look of ‘being long in the tooth’ due to the gum not longer being supported by the underlying bone.
We always recommend seeking advice about dental implants as soon as you have a tooth extracted to prevent these problems.
You see if your bone resorbs after a tooth is extracted and you do nothing it makes future treatment with a dental implant very difficult as there is no bone to put the implant in too!
Next: Cosmetic Dentistry