Digital Smile Designing is a modern technique that allows for customized accurate designing of new smile makeovers. It is a tool used to personalize your new smile so that it ultimately looks like it belongs to you and suits you.
This innovative tool facilitates the ultimate vision of the new smile. Among its many uses, it is regularly used as a diagnostic tool to plan and design the new smile according to the patient’s exact requirements.
It is also used to help the patient visualize the planned final smile and involve the patient in the smile designing process.
It is also used to accurately communicate the final design to the ceramist, so that Dr. Paul Abraham and the ceramist can work more successfully as a team – both understanding exactly what the patients needs and requirements are.
Step Three Trial Smile
Digital Smile Designing facilitates treatment planning and helps to better diagnose a new smile design that is facially and emotionally driven. It connects theoretical design work to practical functionality and use of the teeth in the mouth.
This allows for longevity of the treatment since the smile
design takes account of many aspects including: the bite, aesthetics and function of the teeth.
The tool gives insights into various cosmetic treatment possibilities; so that we can create multiple design options for the patient.
It is also a better integration tool for the interdisciplinary team to easily communicate between each other regarding their respective information.
4 Easy Steps to the Diagnostic Process
- Dr. Abraham will firstly take scans and photographs of your teeth, mouth, smile and face. He will also take a video of how you use your mouth when talking and moving the jaw. This is done from different angles to provide more information to feed into state of the art software that allows Dr. Abraham to create a new smile using special design features.
- The tool is then used to perform a smile analysis in detail with various possible designs being created. Also accurate measurements can be taken to produce a smile that suits the patient’s facial features as well as the rest of the teeth. This means the patient gets a smile that suits them perfectly.
- The ceramist then uses this new Smile Design to create an accurate wax-up 3-D model. This can be used in multiple ways but can also be scanned to create a 3-D template.
- The teeth are then prepped according to the digital smile design and scanned 3-D template. A biocopy is then created on the scanner for use in the Cerec machine where the new porcelain teeth care milled.
Benefits of Digital Smile Designing:
- Accurate designing from video and photographs
- Uniquely customized smile designs
- Predictable / Enhance communication
- The process links design to function